jueves, 22 de septiembre de 2011

Historia de Sucina y H. Riquelme. La fundación de Sucina / History of Sucina and H. Riquelme. The foundation of Sucina

The old county council of the municipality of Murcia known as La Peraleja encompassed the estate of the same name, owned by the religious order of the Trinitarians, and the properties and estates of many individuals. This county council was renamed Sucina in 1744, the year in which the priest D. Baltasar Arteaga y Gamboa founded the parish of Our Lady of the Rosary. The parishes became important places because of the religious, administrative and legal services offered to its inhabitants, as well as the collection of religious taxes (diezmos and primicias).
D. Baltasar Arteaga y Gamboa is considered the founder of the present Sucina and therefore the town's central square is named after him.

Information provided by D. Luis Lison, Sucina's Official Chronicler.

La antigua diputación del término municipal de Murcia conocida por La Peraleja englobaba la finca del mismo nombre, propiedad de la orden religiosa de los trinitarios, y las propiedades y haciendas de otros muchos particulares. Esta diputación pasó a llamarse Sucina desde 1744, año en que el presbítero D. Baltasar Arteaga y Gamboa fundó la parroquia de Nuestra Señora del Rosario. Los lugares con parroquia adquirían importancia debido a los servicios religiosos, administrativos y legales que desde ellos se ofrecían a sus habitantes, así como por el cobro de los diezmos y primicias.
D. Baltasar Arteaga y Gamboa es considerado el fundador de la actual Sucina y por eso la plaza central del pueblo lleva su nombre.

Información facilitada por D. Luis Lisón, Cronista Oficial de Sucina.

Plate commemorating the foundation of the parish of Our Lady of the Rosary /
Placa conmemorativa de la fundación de la parroquia de Nª Señora del Rosario